SAF Gold Label Instant Yeast - $5.99
Package should come solid because it is vacuum packed for freshness (will last 15 years unopened). When you open the package of yeast it will become soft right away and you will then need to store in your refrigerator or freezer (will last approx. 1 year in the fridge and 2 years in the freezer).
Lesaffre has many varieties of instant yeast available. Each is designed for specific baking applications.
SAF-Instant® Yeast Gold Label is a granular free-flowing yeast for use in doughs with sugar levels from 10-30% (Bakers Percent).
1. This improved version of New SAF-Instant® Gold Label provides 10% to 20 % more activity.
2. More resistant to Preservatives.
3. Provides uniform fermentation throughout your baking system.
4. Vacuum packaging ensures freshness, consistency and minimal activity loss until opened.
5. Provides tolerance to higher dough temperatures.
6. Improves machinability.
7. Free-flowing properties make it as easy to scale and meter as other dry ingredients.
8. Unopened, New SAF-Instant® Gold Label needs no refrigeration.
9. Warmer dough temperatures are preferred while using New SAF-Instant® Gold Label; this decreases the need to cool doughs to maintain proper fermentation.
10. Can reduce Mixing time 10% to 30%, compared to compressed yeast.
SAF-Instant® Yeast Gold Label is recommended for the following baked goods:
" Sweet Breads
" Sweet Doughs
" Variety Breads
" Hearth Breads
New SAF-Instant® Yeast Gold Label is certified Kosher Parve.